Delusions of Grandeur

Delusions of Grandeur

Random thoughts by Deoris

Saturday, June 01, 2002

Bizarre Quiz of the Day




which Episode II character are you?




Probably the greatest Jedi Knight of all. Like Obi Wan, you are wise and keep your feet on the ground at all times. You will not be outsmarted by anyone. You are always faithful to your friends. Be careful though, danger lurks around every corner - you could even be betrayed by those closest to you.



Thanks, Fossie. That was a great one. And it totally figures. *yum*

RANTS

Idiot credit card companies who call and ask for money. Um, why do you suppose I HAVE one of those, anyhow? No, seriously.....I overdrew my credit card by $5 lousy bucks. I mean, big wow. So, on the statement for April, it said, "Overdrawn by $10." Payment due? like $20. So I go online to pay this, and my account is now mysteriously overdrawn by $45...I flipped! I logged off and called them, and this guy explains....Because I went over my limit, I was charged $35 automatically. So, I ask, well, WHY isn't it on my BILL? I mean, I had JUST gotten it! It seems this company (and it's nobody famous, don't worry) pulls the overdraft charges the day AFTER they send out the bills. I'm like, okay...so you're going to charge me twice? Because now I'll be overdrawn in May, because I didn't know I was $45 over and only paid $20 which puts me back UNDER my limit? He goes, and I'm not kidding, "I never thought of it like that." Obviously, he's not using one of their credit cards. He explains that I can get a one-time waiver of that over-draft charge...but I can't call until I get the NEXT bill. So, I don't pay April (because, WHY) and I wait until I get my bill (see rant about a week ago about bill paying here...) and they waive this $35 charge, and the second $35 charge from May for being overdrawn in April. Today, some geek calls me about my being late with a payment. I explain ALL of the above to him, and he wants to know when I'll pay $128 bucks....you know, cause now I'm overdrawn by $128 mysteriously. *snarl*

Did I mention I cancelled this card?

RAVES

Take a look around my guestbook or my awards page. Both have been slowly filling up this past week. I've been to a lot of really GREAT sites, a lot of them foreign. Take a tour yourself. There are some AWESOME pages out there. (Okay, and a bunch with 'wee faireis' too.)

Just a moment to rave about my son Matt. He got a note from his teacher saying he was a great addition to their class. :) It's such a stark change from two months ago when everyone hated him at school. He's trying really hard, and applying himself to the work and to being part of the group. I'm so proud. We may be out of the woods. Now, if he would only stop reading "Garfield" books and try something with a little MEAT on it. LOL

Take a jog on over to Toasted Cheese, the new ezine was published today. There are lots of good stories this month, don't miss out. :)


Until next time, keep your sword sharp and your bow strung! Herete!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home