Delusions of Grandeur

Delusions of Grandeur

Random thoughts by Deoris

Friday, May 31, 2002

Bizarre Quiz of the Day

Ya Ya Name Generator which isn't really a quiz, unless "what's your name" is a quiz...It's still pretty fun. I'm "Marchioness Purrs Like a Kitten" so be warned! *purrrrrrr*

Better, zip on over to Toasted Cheese for the weekly FUM (Five Unmistakable Marks) and answer five strange questions. My favorite this week was question #5, which I enjoyed so much, I'm going to share in the blog.

5. This month's AB article is about the editing process. One of the steps is handing your work over to others for critique. Without identifying the author, tell us about the worst piece you've ever critiqued and why it was so bad.

There's a solid TIE for this honor. The first goes to a story about a very seriously ugly man and his really seriously ugly dog and their horribly depressing life and how it was a better life since they were together. Classic, that one.

The other was a quick viginette about the perils of life itself, and how quickly one's luck can change. There was this happy little rabbit (or something) that was picked up by a hawk and carried away, then dropped in front of the tires of an oncoming truck. Mind, the story was from the rabbits point of view. *cries with laughter at the very thought*

In third place is the 'romance' story about a girl and her 'first time'. The euphamisms alone were enough to drop a rhino at 50 feet.

Good times, good times. *wipes tears* I'm still laughing at my answers. Go on over and add yours to the list.

RANTS

Time for another good rant about the DH here. Our family is on state insurance and food stamps, right? Donin's not getting enough hours to really feed our family by himself. Anyhow, so every six months I have to fill out this annoying wad of forms and copy all these documents and so forth. Jump through the Oregon State HOOPS. Anyhow, one of the things we need (every time) is copies of Donin's paystubs. And everytime, the same thing....where are they, I never keep them, why do you need them, stupid state anyhow....blah blah blah! So, I manage to find them all, sort them out, put them in order, make copies and send them off. Well, the state thought I needed to add one, so they sent me a note asking for it. Guess who's lost the entire lot of them? I mean, I'm SURE I handed them to him and said, "Here, put these somewhere we can find them." Because the state ALWAYS asks for more copies of stuff. But NO. They're GONE. *poof* But it's MY fault somehow....Yeah, okay. (We did find the ones we needed, however, after much bruhahaha and yelling.)

I also want to whine for one second about my sore arm. I can barely move the mouse. What idiot has been spending too much time making new graphics and signing a thousand guestbooks? Oh, wait, that's ME. LOL. But the weekend is coming. Movie time! LOL.

RAVES

Well, the FUM today, for one. Always a good sign when you're laughing at the end of it. Heck, I'm still laughing.

Wow, I'm drawing a kind of blank here today. LOL. I mean, lots of things are good, but I can't think of anything particular to mention. Guess I'll go write a little something instead, since graphics are out today. LOL.

Until next time, keep your sword sharp and your bow strung! Herete!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home