Delusions of Grandeur

Delusions of Grandeur

Random thoughts by Deoris

Tuesday, May 28, 2002

Okay, so it was a long weekend. I feel good, however, I think I'm all caught up on emails and webrings and what-have-you's for the day. LOL. Heck, I even edited three stories, so it's not all bad.

Question of the Week

Which super-power would you choose?
My Answer: I'd probably go X-Men and take either all of Rogue's powers (the power to take power and use it) or all of Wolverine's (the ability to heal very fast with a high tolerence for pain and some nice claws to boot.) But I'm not sure they count as 'super-powers' since they are mutantancies. LOL.

Bizarre Quiz of the Moment


Yuoo ere-a zee Svedeesh Cheff!
Yuoo ere-a a guud cuuk, thuoogh yuoo cun't speek Ingleesh fery vell. Bork Bork Bork!



RANTS

Stupid computer. 'Nuff Said.

So, I was going to post in the RPF today, and went to do some research on this traveling I'm off doing. Well, I type in "maps, asia minor" into Google and get a site of maps right off. I go, it's this HUGE list of like 40 ancient maps I didn't EVER see while making MY maps (of course). Guess what? I found Themiscyra on about 10-12 of them! Listed right there in plain ... well, okay, it was either French, English, German or Latin ... sight. The Thermadon is listed, and the city of the Amazons. Heck, one map had 3 large Amazon areas on it. Color me shocked and surprised! Why is this a rant? Cause....I already made a leap and put Themiscrya where I thought it should go, and I'm WAY off. And there it is, right in front of me. I mean, isn't that the way? Finish it, then find the REAL answer. LOL. Needless to say, any Amazon reading this should prepare for a bit of an update to the maps over at Amazon Way!

RAVES

I did a nice job with the Sunday writing prompts at Toasted Cheese this week. Tawny gushed all over me (thanks, Tawn) which I love. But I knew it when I wrote it. Why don't I WRITE IT? That's the million dollar question. I should just write from Sosey's pov and get on with it already. But the story line is so WARPED now from what it was, I'm not sure I could. Do you suppose there's a market for a female gladiator novel? I suppose she'd have to do more than that, of course, but that's her base. Anyhow, I've reminded myself, and that's pretty important.

I can NOT express how much fun the Women With A Unique Soul webring is. It's really a kick to have them all come sign my guestbook, in the first place. But the group feeling of it is beyond compare. I'm enjoying that to bits. If you are a woman, consider joining up.

Until next time, keep your sword sharp and your bow strung!

Deoris

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home