Delusions of Grandeur

Delusions of Grandeur

Random thoughts by Deoris

Wednesday, July 24, 2002

RANTS

Just getting right to it, today, because this is just da bomb. First, go to the start of this story. When you finish, try today's.

In a nutshell, this teenager went missing in a park 2 days ago. They found her truck, her dogs, and like bits of her stuff everywhere. The entire scene looked like an abuduction had taken place. There were police dogs, combing the woods, volunteers, Scouts, you name it, all looking for this girl in the wood.

Well, they found her. In Seattle. With friends. And they hauled her back home in a cop car.

You see, she apparently staged the whole abduction so she could go on a shopping spree in Seattle. I mean YEESH! She had to publicly apologize and everything, but man!

I was trying to imagine what it would be like to be that girl's parents, and I just have this deep sympathy for them. Their daughter might be the pariah of the community (and she is, IMO, cause the media and all) instead of a confused sixteen-year-old, but the parents? Ostracized. Total outcasts. Lepers!

I mean, I did a lot of really, really, really, really dumb things when I was sixteen, but it was all me. My parent's didn't really suffer from my mistakes, a fact I can be grateful now that I'm a parent. I hope the community (Lake Oswego, an upper-middle-class area, btw) forgives sooner rather than later, and IS thankful for the safe return of the teen. It could have been so much worse, and it wasn't.

Well, two cents for the day.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home